As I mentioned yesterday, my turmeric and cumin seared tofu goes perfectly with a salad! It is a fun way to change up your average vegetable salad and to add a little texture!
This salad is as easy as the tofu recipe and any of the toppings can be substituted to suit your preference.
- a small box of lettuce
- 5 cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of canned and drained garbanzo beans
- 1/2 of an avocado, sliced
- a handful of crushed walnuts
- dressing of your choice or my simple red wine vinaigrette
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- a dash of dried basil
- a dash of coarse sea salt and coarse black pepper
In a large salad bowl or mixing bowl, pour all of your box of lettuce. Then top your lettuce with the chopped tomatoes, drained garbanzo beans, sliced avocado, and crushed walnuts. Then drizzle your salad dressing of choice or my red wine vinaigrette over the salad. Toss all of the salad together and serve in small salad bowls. Top each salad with a few slices of my turmeric and cumin seared tofu and enjoy!
This is a short and sweet little recipe that I hope finds you well! 🙂